The IALA Level 2 Marine Aids to Navigation Technician series of model courses provides a framework for the training and education of personnel tasked with conducting the installation, servicing, maintenance or replacement of marine aids to navigation and their components.
The model courses cover a range of subject areas:
- Introduction to AtoN
- Power supplies
- Lights and marine lanterns
- Sound signals
- Painting and coatings
- AtoN service craft and buoy tenders
- Radar beacons (RACONS)
- Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Radionavigation and Differential Global Navigation Satellite Systems (DGNSS)
- Remote monitoring and control
- Structures, materials and AtoN maintenance
This page is under development and will display information about each course shortly.