The 49th session of PAP was held in person between 7 – 9 March 2023. This was last PAP meeting for the work period of 2018 to 2023 and the last meeting for Simon Millyard and Phil Day to whom we said farewell as they will not reconduct their position as chairs for next work period.
Key outcomes included:
- The draft 2023 – 2027 Work Programme.
- A draft input to IMO regarding IALAs activities regarding MASS.
- A draft proposal on an IALA workshop on MASS.
- A proposal for changing the name of the ENAV Committee to the Digital Technology (DTec) Committee
The PAP was also updated on many items including:
- IALAs involvement in the review of the STCW Code
- The AIS document review
- S-200 development
- Maritime Resource Name (MRN)